DB2 Gold Consultant and IBM Champion Frank C. Fillmore, Jr. will deliver a *free*, hands-on IDAA training class in Baltimore on Monday and Tuesday, February 27th and 28th. IBM System z customers considering a 2017 IDAA purchase are invited to attend.
Frank has delivered similar classes in the past and looks forward to delivering this updated class featuring the recently announced IDAA V6.1. This class will combine material explaining why you should have an IDAA and how to use it (query acceleration, High Performance Storage Saver, loading non-DB2 data using the Rocket Loader tool), along with new material introducing new ways to extend your System z’s processing capabilities to the cloud and into the new world of HTAP – Hybrid Transaction Analytic Processing – with the latest IDAA release.
Class is free, however attendees are responsible for their travel and lodging expenses. IBM reps are invited to join us along with their customers. The Fillmore Group will provide a continental breakfast and lunch each day, and dinner Monday evening for attendees interested in joining us. Registration is required – please follow the link below to register.
Dates (2 days): Monday and Tuesday, February 27th and 28th, 2017
Class Times: 9:00am – 4:00pm ( breakfast served at 8:30am)
Cost: Class is free; attendees are responsible for their T&L
Instructor: Frank Fillmore
Location: The Radisson Cross Keys, 5100 Falls Rd, Baltimore, MD 21210
• New in IDAA v6.1 – the architecture, cloud option, R functions support and dashDB
• Assessment tools to support acquisition: Workload Assessment, Client Value Engagement, PoC
• Positioning IDAA within your organization with the most valuable use case
Lab 1: Basic IDAA Activities
• Data Studio / IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio GUI
• Table acceleration
• Query processing and analysis
Enhancing Value to the IDAA with the IBM Tools Ecosystem
• Assessment: What is the workload that would benefit from being accelerated?
• Optimization: How do I monitor and optimize a workload to take advantage of the Accelerator?
• Administration: Can I manage the Accelerator more effectively?
Lab 2: Advanced IDAA Exploitation
• Incremental Update: keeping accelerated data in sync with DB2 for z/OS OLTP
• High Performance Storage Saver (HPSS): store archival data only on IDAA
• Accelerating Static SQL workloads