Please join us Thursday, July 28th, from 11am-12pm EDT for a free webinar with an update on IBM’s Q Replication.
Having worked with Q Replication customers since 2006, DB2 Gold Consultant and IBM Champion Frank Fillmore has collected useful tips and techniques for Q Replication implementation and administration. Join Frank as he shares his notes and thoughts on the topics below and delivers a mid-2016 checkpoint on the evolving IBM InfoSphere Data Replication (IIDR) product development roadmap.
In this session Frank will cover the topics below. Please register for the session here.
- Cold Start a Q Replication topology.
- When and why would you need to consider a Cold Start.
- What are the steps?
- Oracle Native Q Apply – replication directly to an Oracle database (including RAC and Exadata).
- Comparison to Federated Apply.
- Co-existence and migration.
- Tooling – what tool do I use when?
- Q Replication Dashboard.
- Replication Center.
- ASNCONSUMER – used to replicate to PureData System for Analytics (Netezza).
- Pricing models.
About Frank Fillmore:
DB2 Gold Consultant and IBM Champion Frank C. Fillmore, Jr. is the Founder and President of The Fillmore Group, Inc., a Premier IBM Business Partner that specializes in IBM Analytics software sales, consulting, and training. Frank has been providing IBM database-oriented solutions to government, industry, and not-for-profit enterprises as varied as The World Bank, J.P. Morgan Chase, Northrop Grumman, and the FBI for over 29 years. Frank’s current practice centers on Hybrid Transaction and Analytic Processing (HTAP) and Oracle to DB2 migrations as well as information governance and integration. Frank kayaks and cheers for the Baltimore Orioles.